At Mere Brook House we are passionate about offering our home produce and home baking to our guests whether here for a family celebration, or staying overnight, or enjoying one of our open foodie evenings or attending a business meeting. We are delighted that now we are able to open this offer to everyone so just get in touch if you would like to purchase some of our Honey, Apple Juice, Still Cider, Sparkling Apple Cider, Sparkling Pear and Apple Cider or some of our homemade cakes and puddings including Sticky Toffee Pudding, any of the following.
Since opening Mere Brook House, Donald has become a beekeeper and being also a farmer he doesn’t believe in small numbers and so now has over thirty hives. The hives get moved around according to where the best source of nectar and pollen is – so in the Spring they are taken to oil seed rape fields and then moved to field bean crops, followed by a place with plenty of brambles and then to fields with wild flowers. As a result the honey does vary in flavour and consistency.
- Half Pound jar - £4
- Pound Jar - £7
Apple Juice, Apple Cider and Pear and Apple Cider
We collect all the apples from our various orchards and take them to a press at Dunham Massey who press them and bottle half the juice for us. They keep half the apple juice and ferment it in large stainless steel vats to turn it into cider some of which is then carbonated so we have both Still and Sparkling Apple Cider. In the last two years we have also taken some pears in order to mix some pear juice with apple to produce Sparkling Pear and Apple Cider.
- Large Apple Juice - £4 for 750 mls
- Small Apple Juice - £2 for 250 mls
- Still Apple Cider - £4.80 per 500 mls
- Sparkling Apple Cider - £4.80p per 500 mls
- Sparkling Pear and Apple Cider - £4.80p per 500 mls
- Three bottles of cider together in a presentation box - £14
We have created some hampers to make it easy to give our produce as a gift at Christmas or for a special occasion – there are three different sizes to suit every occasion but we can also make bespoke ones where you choose exactly what you would like to give in your hamper.
- Large hamper £40
- 3 different bottles of cider 500mls each (still apple, sparkling apple and sparkling pear and apple)
- 1 large bottle apple juice (750mls)
- 2 large one pound jars of honey
- Pack of flapjack
- pack of shortbread
- Medium hamper £20
- half lb jar of honey
- 2 small bottles apple juice (250mls each)
- 1 bottle cider (500 mls) any flavour
- 1 pack shortbread
- 1 pack flapjack
- Small hamper £12
- Half pound jar of honey
- 2 small bottles apple juice (250mls)
- 1 pack shortbread
Homemade Sticky Toffee Puddings
We make our delicious sticky toffee pudding and cut it into portions and then pour some of our morish sticky toffee sauce into individual containers ontop of which a portion of pudding is placed so all you need to do is warm the whole thing in a microwave and tip the pudding out and the sauce will pour over it. The puddings can be frozen and heated direct from the freezer.
- Sticky Toffee Pudding - £3 per portion with sauce
- Sticky Toffee Pudding - £10 for four portions with sauce
Our Sous Chef is an expert in making celebration cakes that not only look good but importantly taste superb. We can offer three different types – plain sponge with fresh fruit and fresh cream or butter cream fillings decorated with fresh fruit, a naked cake with plain sponge cake covered with butter cream and decorated with fresh flowers or a chocolate cake.
- Celebration Cake – 6 inch diameter £40
- Celebration Cake – 8 inch diameter £50
- Celebration Cake – 10 inch diameter £60
All homemade fresh to order
- 4 small mince pies with a star shaped lid gift wrapped £2.40 per pack
- 6 small mince pies with a star shaped lid in a gift presentation box £3.00 per box
- 12 small mince pies with a star shaped lid £5.40
Our rich fruit Christmas Puddings are made several weeks before Christmas to ensure that they have matured in time for the big day.
- Large Pudding - £15
Our homemade Christmas cake is moist, delicious and looks great as well. Rich fruit Christmas cake with all the traditional ingredients including dark rum with a fondant icing on the top decorated with holly leaves and berries.
4 small pieces in a gift presentation box (approx. 180g of cake) £4.00 per box
We make the cake in large slabs and then cut into pieces and decorate so if you want a square or rectangular cake please contact us and we can cut and decorate one to size.
Flapjack, Shortbread and Lemon Drizzle
We have become famous for our homemade cakes as most of our guests will get a chance to sample them whether staying overnight or here for a meeting so whether you are looking for a treat or a gift we can help out.
- Flapjack – 4 pieces £2
- Shortbread – 5 small biscuits - £2
- Lemon Drizzle – small loaf £2.50